KA HALE MALA
PLENTY OF AMENITIES and ALOHA
Here's more about your spacious suite...
- 900 sq.ft. suite surrounded by lanai and tropical garden.
More spacious than most condos our guests tell us.
- Fully-equipped kitchen including microwave, fridge, toaster,
coffee maker,etc. It'll be like cooking at home.
- Wireless Internet available
- The four rooms include your own spacious living room,
bright kitchen/dining area, bedroom for two (with two day beds
in the living room you can sleep up to four with privacy for
everyone), and bathroom with combination tub and shower.
- Cable television and cassette/CD/radio stereo.
- BBQ available (supply your own charcoal).
- Solar dryer available (several laundry mats 10 minutes
away in Kaunakakai).
- Lounger and outdoor dining table and chairs
overlooking the 6000 sq.ft. front garden.
- Beach towels provided.
- Eight sliding windows and two sliding doors, so there
is plenty of ventilation to keep the unit cool. An overhead fan
in the bedroom.
- Parking just outside the door, so no "taking suitcases
for a walk."
- The unit overlooks the orchard and garden so bird watch
to your heart's content. Or meander in the garden and forage
a snack on Hawaiian tomatoes.
- Private! (there is not any interior connection between
the two levels).
- You can be as self sufficient as you want. With the size
of the unit, it is more than enough space for comfortable short
or longer stays on Molokai.
- We're located 4 7/10 miles from Kaunakakai east (the main
center) in the country, and we're centrally located to all parts
of the island. (20 minutes to Kaulapapa lookout, 10 minutes to
Kaunakakai, and 5 minutes to a great oceanfront restaurant)
- We're across the road from the ocean and a 5 minute walk
to a public beach - yes it is swimmable. We have magnificent
views up to the historic Kawela mountains. Many rainbows towards
evening. Morning walks along the beach are easy and the water
is swimmable since we are on the south shore which is rimmed
by a 28-mile barrier reef - one of Molokai's best kept secrets.
- The house and garden is private with a 10-foot hedge surrounding
the yard, and the back garden of the property adjoins a wild
area which rises up into the famous Kawela mountains. We are
definitely in the country - with deer using a trail behind us
(you can watch for them if you are an early riser), Franklins
(small partridges) feeding in the bush, and countless birds nesting
and roosting in the garden. We have numerous fruit trees, palms,
vegetable garden, herb garden, and flowers - hence "HALE
MALA" means the garden house.
- You are on vacation, but should you need to read your
email, you can use our telephone line for short periods of time.
Mala B&B/Vacation Rental
Ka Hale Mala Breakfast
- Lots of information about Molokai,
tropical living, and flora and fauna.
- Snorkel gear
- Picnic gear such as a cooler, beach
- Suggestions for activities and
we make your reservations for you (no hassles)
- We provide an extensive orientation
to all guests when you arrive to ensure you know how to find
all of Molokai's special places.
- Daily overviews to ensure you have
pleasureable day on Molokai.
- We try to meet you at the airport
to greet you (no worry about finding us.)
- You are welcome to pick whatever
is in season in the garden and orchard.
- Flexible and friendly service.
- Plenty of aloha and plenty of relaxation.
- Peace and quiet.
Cheryl Corbiell, PO Box 1582, Kaunakakai, HI 96748
Tel/Fax: 808-553-9009 or firstname.lastname@example.org